This is by far one of the nicest playdoughs I have worked with and so simple to make, I think the cornflour is what makes the difference, it comes out so soft and silky – my kids are still talking about it and playing with it four days later!
1/2 cup cornflour
1 cup baking soda
3/4 cup water
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
5 drops of food colouring of your choice
1. Mix together your food colouring, water, and olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
2. Now mix in your baking soda and cornflour.
3. Turn your element to medium-high heat and stir your mixture with a long wooden spoon continuously.
4. You will see your mixture begin to bubble, get thicker, and then turn into a large dough ball.
5. When your mixture become hard to stir, take your saucepan off the heat and scoop your dough onto a piece of baking paper and let cool – make sure it still feels a little bit wet/sticky (I have made it two ways, one sticky and one a bit drier – the drier one doesn’t work as well).
6. Once your dough is cooled, you can begin kneading it and adding a bit more cornflour if it feels sticky still.